BASS is recruiting for our distribution client a Warehouse Associate. The pay for this day shift, Monday thru Friday position is $17.00 an hour!!
Immediate need for this long term temporary position. Typical start time is 8am with an average of 30-40 hours per week.
You will be responsible for performing a variety of manual tasks associated with all facets of a food distribution operation such as storage, and distribution of food products including pulling orders, unloading deliveries, repacking food products, operating warehouse equipment, and general maintenance and cleanup.
• Assist in verifying food safety standards are met for products and packaging materials through visual inspection, product handling and temperature monitoring.
• Assure cleanliness and organization of work areas including cooler, freezer, distribution dry storage areas, and facility grounds.
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
• Assist in loading & unloading material
• Utilize warehouse management system to maintain accurate inventory for every warehouse operation to include; order selection, moves, receiving, loading and cycle counting.
• Ensure FIFO and LIFO expectations are followed to ensure we are effectively managing inventory.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 or more years related experience and/or training in warehouse/food distribution
• Be a strong independent worker, self-starter, and able work with minimum supervision
• Dependable and reliable
• Good math, legible writing skills, and ability to keep accurate records
• Prefer experience to operate standard warehouse equipment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills. Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions
• Ability to function in extreme environment with freezer and refrigeration units. Assist with loading and unloading of vehicles, warehouse maintenance, and cleaning of vehicles.*
Stand for long periods, bend, reach, crouch, lift up to 60 lbs.
Email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org today to be considered for this opportunity. No resume, call 207-217-6580 for an online application.