Full-time, DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Responsible for property management functions for 6 multi-family housing properties, including leasing, unit-turnover, tenant relations, maintenance and compliance with regulatory agreements. Interacts directly with the President, as well as other staff members. Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of property generated reporting.
1. Supervises and schedules site/maintenance staff.
2. Hires, trains and evaluates site staff.
3. Maintains integrity of wait lists, shows apartments to applicants, performs prospective resident qualification procedures and selects qualifying residents.
4. Works to ensure swift turnover of vacant apartments, application of Fair Housing practices, and compliance with regulatory agreements including tax credit, HUD and other programs that may apply and implements strict procedures in accordance with company credit and criminal standards.
5. Prepares and/or supervises accounts payable and accounts receivable entry and reconciliations, vendor setup, maintenance and capital work order decisions.
6. Performs apartment inspections, hosts periodic inspections by HFAs, Owners and management. Coordinates monitoring agency file reviews and site visits with site staff and assist the site in preparing for the review.
7. Advises District Manager of maintenance strategies including preventive maintenance, capital improvement, service contracts, security, emergency plans and any other such plans and strategies.
8. Enforces all lease provisions and property rules
9. Works with District Manager to develop and monitor annual budgets and five year plans for assigned property.
10. Ensures availability by cell phone, email and/or pager to respond and/or direct in the case of an emergency on a 24-7 basis unless otherwise on an approved leave of absence.
11. Drafts email and mail correspondence for a variety of issues.
12. Prepares schedules and reports to help strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, with ability to learn custom software programs. Two years of experience in affordable housing management with a solid understanding of tax credits, HUD and HFA requirements and Fair Housing laws is needed.
HS Diploma or equivalent; Comparable experience; Mature work ethic; Two good employment references.