Bangor, ME - Bangor Area Staffing Solutions is recruiting for a potential upcoming need for a Warehouse Specialist for our client, a local transportation company.
The typical shift is Sunday – Wednesday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm. Some overtime may be required in order to meet customer needs.
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for the accurate receiving, storing, and shipping of products to meet company standards of safety, productivity, and quality. This includes the operation of basic forklifts in the handling of paper and tissue products as well as palletized freight.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Completing necessary paperwork and accurately recording warehouse inventory and transactions.
• Inspecting and performing maintenance of forklifts and other material handling equipment.
• Checking product for accuracy in inventory, damage and infestation.
• Assisting in keeping work areas clean, as needed.
Pay is $14-16 per hour, based on experience.
• Computer Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, along with the ability to adapt and learn new software as needed.
• Strong Math skills preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable OSHA related and applicable safety standards required.
• Must be able to jockey trailers in the yard as needed.
• 2+ years of experience in operating powered forklifts.
• Experience in handling of paper and tissue products as well as palletized freight.
• Computer and/or data entry experience preferred.
• Fork lift Certification
• CDL preferred
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of times, the ability to use hands or fingers to handle and reach. Requires dexterity sufficient to enter data and communicate electronically. Must be able to hear and speak to communicate sufficiently by telephone and in person, see sufficiently to examine documents and view a computer monitor. The position also requires that ability to stand, walk and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
Email your resume today to jobs@BangorAreaStaffing.com, or if no resume, call 207-217-6580 for an online application.